Dave Hilliard is a contemporary UK-based artist predominantly producing works on paper. The work focuses on embodied identity, both through depictions of physical place and the human body. Dave says ” Some of my paintings are based on mundane things or places; these have some kind of personal memory or association that imbues them with specialness and hopefully resonates with others.“
Born in 1978 in Northampton, UK he received a BA in Fine Art Printmaking from the University of Wolverhampton in 2002 and his MA in Art Psychotherapy from the University of Hertfordshire in 2012. Hilliard has exhibited in numerous group and solo exhibitions in the UK and Europe.
Selected Exhibitions and projects
- 2020 June-Aug Drawings included in ‘The Crossover’ group show, Zandvoort, The Netherlands.
- 2020 Feb-Sep Painting and drawings included in ‘MK Calling’ Group show, Milton Keynes Gallery, UK
- 2020 Jan Drawing included as poster in ‘Resolutions’ group exhibition in conjunction with ‘Big Shop Friday’ organization and gallery space, Milton Keynes, UK.
- 2019 May-July ‘Lite’, Artists residency, Blackened Sun Brewing Company, Milton Keynes, UK. Residency project supported by Big Shop Friday and MK Community Foundation.
- 2019 Oct Paintings include in ‘Tayne Painters 2’, group exhibition, Sanctuary Gallery, Northampton, UK.
- 2018 June Paintings include in ‘Tayne Painters’, group exhibition, Sanctuary Gallery, Northampton, UK.
- 2015-2019 ‘Existential Clarkson’. Drawings of Jeremy Clarkson in different existential dilemmas. Facebook-based project, audience engagement of around 10,000.
- 2017 Digital images included in ‘Almost Real Things’ Magazine, Austin Texas.
- 2011 ‘Cage Against the Machine’ (Facebook-based Christmas number 1 campaign, John Cages ‘Silent Song’ 4’33’. Audience engagement of around 100,000, exhibited in ‘Sounds Like Silence (John Cage – 4’33” – Silence Today’ exhibition, Dortmunder U Gallery, Dortmund, Germany| 08/25/2012 – 01/06/2013.